At Midwest Storage Containers, we understand that it may not be easy to find reliable and affordable used cargo containers in the Chicago, IL area. In fact, many individuals don’t even know where to start when trying to find used storage containers for sale. That is where we can help. Rather than searching blindlessly online, by choosing to work with our staff, you’ll get access to good used cargo containers that will fit your exact need.
What to Look for in a Used Cargo Container
Unless you have experience working regularly with cargo containers, there are certain things that you want to look for when shopping for a used conex container. These include:
- Weather Tight – Although this may seem odd, it is important to close yourself into the used ISO container. Once you’re in, look for any visible sunlight. If any holes are visible, this means that your container is not wind or watertight.
- Door Inspection – Open and close the doors on the used container multiple times to ensure that the movements are smooth. The flooring in the container should be very sturdy and the seals on the doors should be airtight.
- Rust – It is ok if your storage container has surface rust, but anything more can be a bad sign. Be sure to inspect all hardware and door seals for any rust or corrosion.
- Dents – No one wants a dented cargo container. Be sure to inspect your used storage container for any large dents.
- Poor Odor – Storage containers often transport items with foul odor. When inspecting a used container make sure that there are no foul odors present.
Varying Container Conditions
Depending on what you are looking for in a good used cargo container, our team is sure to have something that will meet your needs. We classify the condition of our used storage containers in the following groupings:
- One Trip/New – This group of containers were made in China and shipped directly to the USA, and quickly sold.
- Cargo-Worthy – A container in this condition is able to ship goods abroad. This used item is water and wind tight as well. It is no longer new, but is still in great shape.
- Wind and Watertight – This level container has not been thoroughly inspected by a surveyor, although it still is wind and watertight.
- As Is – Our lowest grade cargo containers are sold as is. They may have minor damages but are sold at a reduced price.
At Midwest Storage Containers, we understand that not everyone needs to purchase a brand new cargo container. That is why we offer good used cargo containers that are reliable and affordable in the Chicago, IL area. Give us a call today at (888) 782-2363 to request a free estimate for a used cargo container!